baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 games for children

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 games for children
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 22:03:49 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 9 Jul 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Can you try pbskids.org? I could not get into any games
at that site.

pbskids.org works for me. I played a couple of games.

I tried ZOOMer flip. You are supposed to flip tiles. I don't see any tiles. I see a large empty white rectangle surrounded by colored decoration.

I have Flash 7, Opera 7.23, and glibc 2.2.5, and four Motif libraries (2 each 1.2 and 2.0).

With Opera 8 and glibc 2.3.0 do you see anything in the white rectangle?

I tried a math game in which you are asked to estimate the sum of three numbers. As the images are loading, the timer starts going down. It got to 00 about the time the images finished loading. I have a 56K modem and the kids are getting a 28.8K.

I don't think this game even required Flash.

Do all SWF sites load very slowly?

The SWF code needs to be downloaded before the game
will play. It's pretty slow at dial-up speed.
One SWF game I played took ten minutes to start.

kids.learn2type.com - works with lynx but it keeps telling you to click on images. I see alt tags not images.

With lynx, I can see what I am typing. With Opera I see the first four characters and then the others overtype those.

I could try links2 graphical but I want to stick to just one browser, that looks familiar to them.

I had better stick with offline games and the DOS typing tutor unless I can find a typing tutor with minimal graphics that works with Opera.

Thanks for checking out the sites. I tried the abbasoft and pibmusic.com but they were not there. (Maybe I typed them wrong? Abbasoft was there but not the files you mentioned).