baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 games for children

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 games for children
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 17:13:33 +0000 (UTC)

The two middle kids were most interested in being allowed to type such
things as 'cd /fd'. bsdgames has an arithmetic 'game' but not a tpying
tutor. Is there one for linux?

I think there's something called tux typing. I wonder if there are any
online typing tutors...

The rpm binary of the latest version is 4MB and graphical (requires SDL).

We have a small DOS typing tutor.

I will check for online tutors - maybe there is a fast nongraphical one.
But the kids may take this computer home with them and not have an internet connection at home. They are visiting for the summer and grandmas is willing to pay for internet at her place.