baslinux - Re: [BL] ltmodem, member contributions pages and misc.

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ltmodem, member contributions pages and misc.
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 17:48:35 -0700

sindi keesan wrote:

I tend to access my mail with DOS because I can print it directly from DOS
but not from linux. These modems won't work in DOS. Does anyone want to
help figure out why I can't print the mail with linux after setting up all
the modules and printcap and switching to 'user' which I need to do to use
printcap?

The telnet protocol does not provide for routing data automatically to
a local printer, AFAIK. Is kermit supposed to support printing from
telnet? When you try to print from it, do the file(s) actually show up
in the print queue?

David