baslinux - Re: [BL] ltmodem, member contributions pages and misc.

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ltmodem, member contributions pages and misc.
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 12:59:05 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 28 May 2006, David Moberg wrote:

keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org wrote:

(The last one contains some other info - scroll down to see the
relevant ltmodem on BL2 details.)

The postings may be difficult to understand because I used both BL3
and BL2. Let me know if anything needs clarification.

How difficult would it be to compile the modules for 2.4.31, which I have
been using most of the time on my desktop computers?

The website (heby.de/ltmodem) says that it only works with up to Linux
version 2.4.20. I built it with a 2.6 kernel once, but I'm not sure
how hard it would be. The source code is less than a megabyte, so it
shouldn't be too hard to download and try the little build script.

(Maybe you can do it?)

OK, but it might not insert in your custom kernels.

If not, you can then drag me through the compilation. We now have three of these modems and need to plan ahead for other computers without enough ISA slots.

Do you have any idea why BL2 won't work with 2.2.16 or 2.2.26 on this PIII 700MHz? FATAL: kernel too old. BL3.40 works with both, but the 2.2.26 ppa.o module crashes in BL3 (I should try BL3 with another kernel) and works in BL2 (2.4.31). I still don't know why ssh won't work in BL3 - there does not seem to be an ssh config file in /etc. Do you have a PIII to experiment on with older kernels in BL2, and ssh in BL3?

I can exit and then Shift-PgUp to see what happened too.

My scrollback buffer disappears when I switch terminals. What console
video driver are you using?

VGA and MDA - I exit X then Shift-PgUp, in the same terminal.

James' cmiller link is to sdf, not to a BL3 page.

If you see the SDF page, I think that means his bandwidth usage limit
has been exceeded. You can access his page from archive.org or (I
think) Google's cache.

His site is working again. As far as I can tell, everything he is
hosting is available elsewhere. I should attempt a better mirror of
it.

Freel free to also mirror anything at my site, half of which you compiled.
I still need to put in the link you suggested.
Sindi

David