baslinux - Re: [BL] FreeDOS image that works with qemu (reprise)

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] FreeDOS image that works with qemu (reprise)
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 10:22:50 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 5 May 2006, sindi keesan wrote:

I did not know I had a control panel. I use the Ctrl-ESC menu to Logout.

I think there's a slight mixup in terminology here. The thing Steven refers to is actually called the "monitor" or "qemu monitor."

I have no experience with specifying a mounted partition as a qemu disk such as Steven has directed, but if you were using unmounted partitions you would start qemu with something like:

qemu -fda dos.img -hdb fat:/hd -hdc /dev/hda3 -hdd /dev/hda4

Note that the -hdb fat:/hd is Steven's specification: I never tried that, but trust that he knows what he's talking about (and probably works with his own DOS partition[s] that way). I'm not sure why he put -hdb rather than -hda, either. But it does make sense that if you've only specified one hard drive image to qemu and booted DOS with it, DOS will see the only HD as c:\ .

James