baslinux - Re: [BL] FreeDOS image that works with qemu (reprise)

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] FreeDOS image that works with qemu (reprise)
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 08:47:39 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 5 May 2006, sindi keesan wrote:

This sounds like a big improvement over dosemu, except that dosemu works
with our CAD program and qemu does not, and dosemu does not require X.
It had some proble with the text editor that I need to check in qemu.
And I can't load Wordperfect directly. Maybe 4DOS menu will work to start
it instead of DC.

I couldn't quite get why your CAD program doesn't work: could you reiterate? It should also be mentioned that when qemu has focus you can do ctrl-alt-f to make it go full screen. If your monitor can handle it (surely most will: my LCD requires very specific refresh rates and goes blank when I try to do this running DOS) the screen will look just like you've booted into DOS and you won't have to look at that pesky Linux GUI :). ctrl-alt-f again will get you back to the X session and the xterm qemu was running in. Also, be sure to try ctrl-alt-2 to get the qemu monitor and see how that works and what it does (issue "help" there). ctrl-alt-1 takes you back to whatever qemu disk image you booted into.

James