baslinux - Re: [BL] BL 3.40 and qemu summary

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: dos AT lieber.com.ar, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL 3.40 and qemu summary
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 01:57:55 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 3 May 2006, Alejandro Lieber wrote:

I still use BL3 in a 386DX with 8Mby and hercules monitor
No X.

Why do you prefer a 386 to something faster?
I also use Hercules monitor, it is easier to read, smaller, and cooler.

Alejandro

sindi keesan wrote:
I thought we had all our hardware under control yesterday but now we have
a 700MHz dumpster find that only needs a quieter power supply fan and a
non-stripy video card. (They kept RAM and hd but left 2x cd burner and
cpu and Live! card). Our new cutoff may be 400MHz with 128MB RAM for
desktops, which is suitable for kernel 2.4.31 and a larger glibc, and
100MHz pentium for laptops (16MB). Is anyone still using a 486 with BL?
Perhaps BL should split into a desktop branch suitable for 200MHz cpu and
64MB RAM, and a laptop/floppy disk branch, with different kernels and
libraries. BL4 for desktops with qemu package, etc?