baslinux - Re: [BL] BL 3.40 and qemu summary

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL 3.40 and qemu summary
  • Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 08:22:45 +1200

sindi keesan wrote:

> Is anyone still using a 486 with BL?

Yes, me. I still have two 486 laptops that I use
regularly. Last week I used one of them to do a
MagicPoint presentation to the City Council.

> Perhaps BL should split into a desktop branch suitable
> for 200MHz cpu and 64MB RAM, and a laptop/floppy disk
> branch, with different kernels and libraries.

That's not going to happen. BasicLinux will remain
focussed on the low end. There are plenty of other
options for the mid-range (eg DSL).

There are still plenty of 386/486 laptops being sold at
the local auction site. Which Linux is for them?

> BL4 for desktops with qemu package, etc?

Nope. Besides, I'm currently running qemu on BL3.
Why do we need a different BL to do that?