baslinux - Re: [BL] BL 3.40 and qemu summary

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL 3.40 and qemu summary
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 21:59:44 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 3 May 2006, sindi keesan wrote:

Do I put it onto the hard drive directly or onto floppy disk first?

This is a qemu hard disk image, and unpacks to the same size as the one you got from the qemu site (10 MB). It has ocurred to me that you could specify your computer's main hard drive as -hdb to qemu an so (maybe) access files to/from it that way. But you'd have to have tools that aloow reading/writing to the ext2 filesystem. I think the loadlin author came out with those. Anyone else agree that something like this might work?

James