baslinux - Re: [BL] BL 3.40 and qemu summary

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL 3.40 and qemu summary
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 14:11:27 -0700

sindi keesan wrote:
> qemu -fda freedos.img

When I wrote the directions, I assumed that you would use a floppy
disk image. If the image file is an ISO9660 CD image, change 'fda' to
'cdrom'.

>From the CLI in VT1:

qemu freedos.img (in the directory where it resides)
got me to a C:\>

but the keyboard is not working properly.
space bar = n
number keys at top do nothing
qwert produces 7890-
asdfg gives uiop[
Enter key gives t, shift is c. Ctrl is y tab is 6 caps lock m right Ctrl
Home u backspace backspace is 5.

I have not tested with SW91 SDL or with the 10MB FreeDOS image. Please
try the BL3.4 image and let us know if you have the same problem.

C: no files
a: Dir
Drive Not Ready

Trying to mount it after this in linux gives lots of I/O errors in sector
0 and X has crashed (to a blinking cursor) and I had to power off and this
computer will only boot once a day.

Mount what? If you did not specify any real drives (e.g. /dev/fd0) on
the command line then there should be no problem.

David