baslinux - Re: [BL] Upgrading BL3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: davidgmoberg AT gmail.com
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Upgrading BL3
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:09:35 +0000 (UTC)

Perhaps it would be easier to install the earlier version of IRAF on a smaller linux - Slackware 4.0 (or Basiclinux 3.40, which uses the same library but a newer kernel).

David, do you want to try helping Paul with the above?

Maybe he could start over on the laptop, without qemu, in a 1GB or 2GB partition (would that be enough to expand IRAF into, with a few 100MB for the dependencies in linux?). That would be one layer less of complexity without the emulator. You can look up which packages contain which libraries and install only the parts you need, which are often only 10% of a package.

The laptop has a 4GB hard drive.

We are planning to install DOS and 2 or 3 linuxes on our 750MB drive.

Is there an older qemu binary around that does not need glibc 2.3?