baslinux - Re: [BL] BL 3.40 in qemu image

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL 3.40 in qemu image
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 18:48:13 +1200

James Miller wrote:

> Ditto here. Opera 8.54, It complained about motif being absent,
> but ran anyway.

Yes, apparently plug-ins need motif. I fixed that by
adding two libraries: libXt and libXm (Slackware 4.0).
Then did ldconfig to link the libraries. Everything
is working now.

> It did seem like some non-essential parts of the gui were
> missing (e.g., title bar with minimize/maximize/close buttons).

Same here. It didn't seem to be connecting with the wm
(which provides those buttons). The problem disappeared
when I ran Opera like this:
opera -geometry 800x600
That fixed it permanently. Now opera always appears
in a proper window (even when I start it without the
-geometry parameter).

I'm pleased with the speed of this opera on my old P-166.
It definitely performs better on old hardware than Firefox.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru