baslinux - Re: [BL] Upgrading BL3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Upgrading BL3
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 20:42:09 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:
My friend trying to run IRAF spectrometry program says it is available for
Redhat (or SuSE) - he does not know how to change it to use BL.

Does he know that version 2.12 is available for Slackware 4.0? This
version ought to work with BL3.

Does
anyone want to try running IRAF from BL and letting him know how they did
it? He is most familiar with FreeBSD and Slackware is more similar than
Redhat to it.

I am downloading it now for testing.

Thanks, I hope you have broadband. Let us know what bits and pieces need to be added to run IRAF 2 in BL3.40 (under qemu in XP). Eventually he ought to install BL directly to his laptop instead, in 4GB.

David