baslinux - Re: [BL] BL 3.40 in qemu image

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL 3.40 in qemu image
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 08:52:25 +1200

James Miller wrote:

> I searched for libXt and libXm in Slack 4.0

I've just put a package in the BL3 add-ons containing
those libraries (and some others). It is called x-libs.tgz

> and, so far as I could tell they were in packages
> contained in the x1 directory: oldlibs(something).tgz

That definitely doesn't seem right.

> and lt(something).tgz. Does that sound correct?

lesstif? That's where libXm comes from. lesstif is a big
package so I think we should try just using libXm. If we
get problems we may have to install the whole lessif package.
For now, I suggest you try installing x-libs.tgz and see if
you still have a problem.

> added those packages to the system, then ran ldconfig. But I
> still get the error message on startup about motif needing to
> be installed.

Then something is wrong with the libraries you installed.
See if the same thing happens after installing x-libs.tgz

> Are you saying that installing those packages/libraries got
> rid of the error message on your system?

Yes, definitely.

> It's really sluggish under my BL qemu installs:

I'm not using QEMU for Opera.

> it seems to just hang at some sites, taking up alot of CPU
> but not fully rendering the page (i.e., after several minutes
> waiting).

Could be QEMU. It maxes out my CPU while doing very little.
Some of those web pages need a lot of processing.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru