baslinux - Re: [BL] BL 3.40 in qemu image

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL 3.40 in qemu image
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 17:37:06 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, James Miller wrote:

I'm pleased with the speed of this opera on my old P-166.
It definitely performs better on old hardware than Firefox.

It's really sluggish under my BL qemu installs: maybe that's to do mostly
with the emulation lag? But more than that, it seems to just hang at some
sites, taking up alot of CPU but not fully rendering the page (i.e., after
several minutes waiting). One site where the problem seems worst is at

If I understand correctly, you are running Opera in BL3.40 under qemu in some other OS such as Windows. Why? Opera is already available for Windows, so why run it in Windows/qemu/BL rather than directly in Windows?

It is about the most cpu intensive program I run in BL (other than gcc). Have you tried Abiword or xpdf, which are not available for Windows directly?