baslinux - Re: [BL] BL 3.40 and qemu summary

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL 3.40 and qemu summary
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 00:54:32 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Typing 'qemu' without --help also complains about libasound. Should I try
using qemu anyway?

It will not work until you either:

a) find a libSDL-1.2.so (glibc2.3.1-compatible) that doesn't require
libasound or any other library that you do not have.

Maybe you could compile a simpler qemu and libSDL for us? I have no interest in using sound under qemu and this is getting much too complex.

b) install a copy of libasound.so.2 (it should be in the SW90 l/arts package).

Thanks, I did not see it in that package for SW9.1. I have to change glibc first, to SW9.0 or 10.2. I have the CD for the latter and it would be more useful if it works (with BL2).

After you install SW9 (or another) libSDL, see the output of:

ldd `which qemu`

All libraries that say 'not found' are required before 'qemu -h'
(qemu's non-standard syntax to see the help message) will work.

Is this not the same as ldd /usr/local/bin/qemu, which does not list the dependencies of the dependencies such as libSDL?

But the computer is not usable at present. First a different power supply, then a different glibc. I also need to get and try to compile naim on that setup. A friend fished a circa 450MHz computer out of a dumpster for us today which might work instead. The students left town this weekend. (One year they left us half a box of chocolates).

David