baslinux - Re: [BL] midi with pci sound card, OSS

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] midi with pci sound card, OSS
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 02:12:49 +0000 (UTC)

This page seems to say that many Clavinova models are GM-compatible:
http://www.stagepass.com/midi/midichart.html

The listed models all have floppy drives, to which you can apparently record what you play directly, and play GM-compatible files.

Mine has no floppy drive so would not be on the list.

I have a 1986 Clavinova, therefore a CLP-40, 45, 50 or 55. The 50 has a 1/2 step transposer and pitch control which I think I don't have, and I could not find info about the other three. The 1985 model had fewer keys.

The stereo symphonic button, which is not ON by default, is apparently 'expansive ambience'. It sounds much better than the default OFF (plain stereo?). The bass-reflex speakers under the keyboard are closer together than you are usually told to put speakers, and headphones sound more 3D.

CVP models can also play organ or harpichord. Newer models can do 128 voices. I don't need more than 10 (for 10 fingers) and presume I have 16. Can I play 16 different notes in 1 track?

David