baslinux - [BL] BL 3.40 in qemu image

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL 3.40 in qemu image
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 22:34:02 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, t.maiden AT att.net wrote:

An image or ISO of BL 3.4 would be nice to try out.

Go to http://cmiller.sdf-us.org/baslin/baslin3/BL3-4qemu.zip for a ca. 5MB zipped qemu disk image of BL 3.40. Unzipped it should expand to 100MB. Boots with GRUB into a virgin BL 3.40 install that has networking already enabled (if your host system is set up to handle it). I would much appreciate feedback on whether it works. I created the zip archive on a Linux system, and the original image file booted fine here, but I obviously can't say how well it works on other systems or especially platforms, or whehter even the archive can be handled by other archiving programs. Reports, please.

James