baslinux - Re: [BL] BasicLinux 2.1 or 3.2 ISO files

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BasicLinux 2.1 or 3.2 ISO files
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 15:06:57 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006, James Miller wrote:

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006, 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

IIRC DSL needs a minumum of 64mb (or is it 128mb?).

Last I checked they were claiming 32mb. Based on my experience with it
though, it would probably be too slow to be tolerable with only 32. A
swap partition might make it more useable at that amount of RAM.

James

We have used it okay with 32MB, but it was not happy with 24MB. Our laptop computers have 16MB and 24MB. Please remind me how to go to CLI instead of X when you boot, other than telling it to use VESAFB when you don't have that. That should save some RAM. What does DSL do with all that RAM?