baslinux - Re: [BL] BasicLinux 2.1 or 3.2 ISO files

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BasicLinux 2.1 or 3.2 ISO files
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 04:40:28 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006, t.maiden AT att.net wrote:

One thing I noticed tonight is there are params that can be entered during the config of CVS QEMU to redirect the TCP and UDP ports of the "host" to the corresponding ports of the "guest". Now I know that HTTP is on port 80 and Telnet uses port 23, FTP uses ports 20 and 21 (???), which numbers would I reassign to what params? I would like to use Links and Telnet for sure, FTP maybe.

I'd try running those applications without the port redirection thing you speak of first. Telnet worked for me without anything like that with a Linux host, and Links works just fine, too. I'm not sure there's an ftp client in that BL iso--unless busybox integrates one. Like I said, you can't (easily) add any applications because this is a ramdisk version of BL and has no package management built in.

James