baslinux - Re: [BL] BasicLinux 2.1 or 3.2 ISO files

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BasicLinux 2.1 or 3.2 ISO files
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 07:06:53 +1200

t.maiden AT att.net wrote:

> But I already had a internet connection established on the "host" side.

I don't know what that means. BasicLinux is a self-contained
operating system.

> I guess the boot routines for BL 2.1 don't have the coding
> to go looking

BasicLinux does not look for anything. There are no automatic
"wizards" that do things for you. It is up to you to configure
things.

> for the open connection already there.

Linux has its own TCP/IP stack. It is not designed to use
"open connections".

> The Knoppix remasters I have been playing with (DSL and Feather)
> do ID the open tcp/ip connection and hook in.

And they are both ten times bigger than BasicLinux and
require far more resources. BasicLinux is designed to
be small (*much* smaller than Damn Small). BasicLinux
has no room for "user-friendly" wizards that automatically
do everything for you.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru