baslinux - Re: [BL] camera linux

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] camera linux
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 19:03:27 +0000 (UTC)

Any other ideas on how to delete the contents of this garbled directory?

Backup what is not garbled and reformat with mkdosfs. Or use a
camera's format function.

I printed out the camera manual (using netpbm to combine four pages to one image) and learned how to set time and date and reformat and got a 'no pictures'.

Reformatting will wipe out the photos. I will try SW81 rm first.
I do have three other copies of the photos but want to learn to fix the
problem with rm if possible.

It wiped out the photos but left the directory with garbage in it.
I did a mkdosfs and that wiped everything out. I remade the /decim/100olymp directory for the photos and a /usbcam directory.

I will give up and reformat in the camera.
The camera deletes, it does not reformat.

I then cd'ed to the directory containing my image file and typed
cp usbcam8 /sda/usbcam

I got a long error message:
SCSI disk error: host 0 channel 0 id 0 lun 0 .....
Raw sense data:
I/O error -- dev: 08:01, sector 129

Is there something wrong with my memory card?

I killed the cp process.

It had copied only 3MB.

I then cd'ed to /sda/usbcam and cp /usb/usbcam8.
This time I got no error message and it eventually copied 8MB.

mount -o loop usbcam8 /mnt
cd /mnt
ls -l - worked properly this time
chroot /mnt /bin/sh also worked.
zgv worked
pppsetup worked
ppp-on told me I needed to mknod ppp, which I did.
It dialed, I telnetted and I am here.

I have not attempted to print from usbcam8 linux, not having any photos left to edit and print.

I will undo pppsetup, umount, and upload this 8MB usbcam for general use

Would anyone like the busybox-1.1.0 static that I compiled with this linux instead of the BL3 busybox? Or at least Steven's 1.0.1 busybox? Any other requests? I have about 3MB to spare right now, but you might need that much to edit photos in. (Copy the image file contents to a larger image file if you want more space, after mounting both).

Are there any BL3.40 changes I should incorporate besides busybox? I deleted X to save space and added zgv instead as a better viewer that also views p?m format.

Netpbm does jpeg but not png or tiff formats. You can add libtiff and tifftopnm and pnmtotiff but you will also have to find space to edit huge files in outside of this linux. I don't know if I can mount the rest of the memory card from within this linux - I might need to add the usb modules to do this, or do modules stay loaded when you chroot? I would have to mount /dev/sda1 again.