baslinux - Re: [BL] camera linux

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] camera linux
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:24:38 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Or 'rm -r -- *'. This is supposed to be supported by GNU rm,
not sure about busybox.

Does not work. Same message about no such option. I am using GNU rm,
not busybox.

Mine says:

$ rm --help
<snip>
To remove a file whose name starts with a `-', for example `-foo',
use one of these commands:
rm -- -foo

rm ./-foo

When I try this it turns everything to upper ascii.
From fileutls (probably SW71).

Note that if you use rm to remove a file, it is usually possible to recover
the contents of that file. If you want more assurance that the contents are
truly unrecoverable, consider using shred.

Report bugs to <bug-fileutils AT gnu.org>.

I got it from either SW81 or linuxpackages. What does your rm --help
say? If it doesn't do what it says it is supposed to do, that is a bug.

My rm --help is shorter. It gives a list of switches such as -r and -d and -f, all of which I tried.

Any other ideas on how to delete the contents of this garbled directory?

Backup what is not garbled and reformat with mkdosfs. Or use a
camera's format function.

Reformatting will wipe out the photos. I will try SW81 rm first.
I do have three other copies of the photos but want to learn to fix the problem with rm if possible.

SW81 behaves the same except the message when I try to rm with various options says Cannot remove: (garbage): no such file or directory, but some of the lines have /234/234/234/1123/234/qw52/232/ etc. in them which I don't think I saw before. So it lists all the 'files' there and tells me they each don't exist.

I will give up and reformat in the camera.

Next problem:

Trying to compile dynamical-uclibc netpbm.
I don't need libjpeg unless I want to make mpeg from jpeg losslessly, but I was able to compile libjpeg easily. I have libz and don't want libtiff or libpng.

I need perl to configure. I tried to configure (which just edits Makefile.config) using the non-uclibc part of BL2, where I do have perl, but it won't make.

How would I edit Makefile.config for use with uclibc? ./configure just asks a few questions about where is libz.so and static vs shared and some other things that I left as defaults, all of which were appended to Makefile.config .

This file says there is a libvga.so and there is not - it must have found one in the regular /usr/lib - do I change to none? Same for LINUXSVGAHDR_DIR = /usr/include - change to none?
(I have not compiled libvga for uclibc and don't have svgalib headers, needed if I want to build a svgalib-based viewing program).

Configure added a CFLAGS line which looks like the one it got stuck on in make (the part after cc -c below)

Make: First it entered directory /src/netbpm-10.31/buildtools (which exists and contains typegen.co and a Makefile) then

cc -c -03 --ffast-math -pedantic -fon-common -Wall -wno-uninitialized -Wmissing-declarations .... typegen.o typegen.c
cc: Not a directory
make [3]: *** [typegen.o] Error 1

It exited

David

To run perl I would need libdb.so.3 and libgdbm.so.... (I have the other dependencies). How did you compile netpbm with uclibc?