baslinux - Re: [BL] uclibc static lynx 2.8.6dev16, lynx.lss and mplayer was Re: /lib/cpp error compiling in BL2 with libc-2.2.5 upgrade

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] uclibc static lynx 2.8.6dev16, lynx.lss and mplayer was Re: /lib/cpp error compiling in BL2 with libc-2.2.5 upgrade
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 20:57:45 +0000 (UTC)

I can't play any .ram files. I have all the rp9 codecs -
do I ALSO need rp8 codecs? I tried with and without -playlist.

These are the codecs I use:
-------------
acelpdec.ax
drv3.so.6.0
wma9dmod.dll
wmv9dmod.dll
cook.so.6.0
drv4.so.6.0
wmspdmod.dll

Where did you put these codecs? Mine are in /usr/local/lib/codecs as instructed (by the package README, I think).
It says to also try /usr/lib/codecs for a prebuilt Mplayer package and that in the past the default was /usr/local/lib/win32 or /usr/lib/win32.

David, where did you say to put the codecs for your package?
Is there some way to query the package to find out.

mplayer cannot find racook, but I have /usr/local/lib/codecs/cook.so.6.0

rp9 codecs included drv3 and 4, cook, and several others, but not the wm* codecs. WMA files are playing for me. Maybe the wm ones were included by David already.

I will post David's latest lynx (upxed or just gzipped) once I get Mplayer working correctly with it and realplayer. I am using zgv, drvmidi (I can also have playmidi as an alternate), pdftotext, antiword, links2, w3m, play/sox, and mplayer as viewers or downloaders.