baslinux - Re: [BL] uclibc static lynx 2.8.6dev16, lynx.lss and mplayer was Re: /lib/cpp error compiling in BL2 with libc-2.2.5 upgrade

  • From: David Moberg <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] uclibc static lynx 2.8.6dev16, lynx.lss and mplayer was Re: /lib/cpp error compiling in BL2 with libc-2.2.5 upgrade
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:34:06 -0800

sindi keesan wrote:

> Where did you put these codecs? Mine are in /usr/local/lib/codecs as
> instructed (by the package README, I think).

/usr/local/lib/codecs is the correct location. I see that you got the
README from the rp9 codec package that is at your BL download
site.

> Is there some way to query the package to find out.

Nope. I should clarify and add to the documentation for the
next release.

> mplayer cannot find racook, but I have /usr/local/lib/codecs/cook.so.6.0
>
> rp9 codecs included drv3 and 4, cook, and several others, but not the wm*
> codecs. WMA files are playing for me. Maybe the wm ones were included by
> David already.

Which MPlayer are you using? The one that is currently at my site does
work with racook codecs. But several of the older versions will not work
even if the codecs are installed (they do not support binary codecs).

Check the file size of mplayer.tgz (I now have a list of the exact sizes of
everything at my site).

David