baslinux - Re: [BL] /lib/cpp error compiling in BL2 with libc-2.2.5 upgrade

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] /lib/cpp error compiling in BL2 with libc-2.2.5 upgrade
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 21:13:05 +0000 (UTC)

I was able to compile netpbm but all the programs segfault.

The programs that I compiled all produced only Segmentation fault, and ldd
reveals that they need ld-linux 2, libm 6, libc 6 and also libc 5.

David's libc5 version does not require ld-linux, and his programs are about three times the size of mine. Did David compile statically for ld-linux?

I tried renaming libc.so.5 to libc.so.5.bak and ldd said the programs still required it, but could not find it. I removed the 'bak' again.

Perhaps some of the netpbm programs actually require libc5 and others can optionally use libc6?

I changed another line about 64-bit from Y to N, which did not help.