baslinux - Re: [BL] /lib/cpp error compiling in BL2 with libc-2.2.5 upgrade

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] /lib/cpp error compiling in BL2 with libc-2.2.5 upgrade
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 04:22:16 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:
I am still, despite these upgrades, unable to compile fbutils:
../include/util.h:25: in passing argument 2 of 'GetNextOption(in &, const
char
**&, const option *, unsigned int)'
make[1]: *** [fbset.o] Error 1

Try removing the & from the problem line. If that fails, put it back and
try a different version of g++.
Line 25 in util.h?

I know very little about C++, so I usually use trial and error with several
different gcc/g++ versions until it compiles. I suggest that you try
2.95.3, egcs, 3.2.x, and 3.4 until it works.
I already tried the first two of these. What is 3.2.x, a gcc version?

David compiled fbset itself - how?

I compiled it from the busybox source code. Although the busybox
fbset is not as user-friendly, you may want to attempt to use it if
you cannot get a working binary from the fbutils package.

I think the busybox fbset takes similar options to the full-size
fbset, but it handles them slightly differently. I believe that it
worked to have an /etc/fb.modes and then to use a command
like fbset "1024x768-60", assuming that the fb.modes file
was set up right. I will look at the source code and report back.

That explains why that fbset calls for /etc/fb.modes and the source code I am trying to compile has a 'modes' file. Maybe they are interchangeable?

fbset does not work with vesafb, it is only useful to change
video modes on the fly with matroxfb or atyfb.
Yes, and I have two each Matrox and ATI fb-capable video cards.
It would be nice to use lynx at variable resolutions. Our local library website is quite unnecessarily designed to require 1280 (they put some repetitive stuff on the left side and it is awful to use with links at regular vga resolution because you scroll right, down, right....). I can at least use links2 graphical.

What I am after is a little program that makes a modes file out of
XF86Config and is used by fbset to change resolutions. fbconvert?

I think that there is something about this in the framebuffer howto.

There is code for an fbconvert.

The line in util.h reads:
extern int GetNextOptino(int &argc, const char ***&argv,
const struct option options[],

It made the library files (.o).

I have bison and flex from SW71 - should I upgrade to SW81???

fbset uses g++.

g++ is the problem, not bison or flex.

Maybe I can figure out how to make fb.modes instead of compiling fbconvert.

David