baslinux - Re: [BL] /lib/cpp error compiling in BL2 with libc-2.2.5 upgrade

  • From: David Moberg <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] /lib/cpp error compiling in BL2 with libc-2.2.5 upgrade
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 14:21:27 -0800

sindi keesan wrote:
> I am still, despite these upgrades, unable to compile fbutils:
> ../include/util.h:25: in passing argument 2 of 'GetNextOption(in &, const
> char
> **&, const option *, unsigned int)'
> make[1]: *** [fbset.o] Error 1

Try removing the & from the problem line. If that fails, put it back and
try a different version of g++.

I know very little about C++, so I usually use trial and error with several
different gcc/g++ versions until it compiles. I suggest that you try
2.95.3, egcs, 3.2.x, and 3.4 until it works.

> David compiled fbset itself - how?

I compiled it from the busybox source code. Although the busybox
fbset is not as user-friendly, you may want to attempt to use it if
you cannot get a working binary from the fbutils package.

I think the busybox fbset takes similar options to the full-size
fbset, but it handles them slightly differently. I believe that it
worked to have an /etc/fb.modes and then to use a command
like fbset "1024x768-60", assuming that the fb.modes file
was set up right. I will look at the source code and report back.

fbset does not work with vesafb, it is only useful to change
video modes on the fly with matroxfb or atyfb.

> What I am after is a little program that makes a modes file out of
> XF86Config and is used by fbset to change resolutions. fbconvert?

I think that there is something about this in the framebuffer howto.

> The line in util.h reads:
> extern int GetNextOptino(int &argc, const char ***&argv,
> const struct option options[],
>
> It made the library files (.o).
>
> I have bison and flex from SW71 - should I upgrade to SW81???
>
> fbset uses g++.

g++ is the problem, not bison or flex.

David