baslinux - Re: [BL] /lib/cpp error compiling in BL2 with libc-2.2.5 upgrade

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] /lib/cpp error compiling in BL2 with libc-2.2.5 upgrade
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 17:47:09 +0000 (UTC)

Would it help in compiling libtiff and netpbm if I upgraded the compiler by replacing the SW71 packages with SW81 packages as follows?

glibc-2.1.3 > glibc-2.2.5 and cxxlibs
I think libtiff source code uses C++.

egcs-1.99.6 > gcc-2.95.3 and gcc-g++-2.95.3
This fixed the cpp sanity failure problem for libtiff.

gmake > make
This is small even if not needed.

binutils > newer binutils
Much larger but includes Assembler needed by netpbm.

linuxinc > kernel-headers
Would this fix the libtiff problem below?

I briefly considered compiling the latest 'as' but it only seems to come in the binutils source code package, which is up to around 15MB now.