baslinux - Re: [BL] /lib/cpp error compiling in BL2 with libc-2.2.5 upgrade

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] /lib/cpp error compiling in BL2 with libc-2.2.5 upgrade
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 19:51:07 +0000 (UTC)

I am still, despite these upgrades, unable to compile fbutils:
../include/util.h:25: in passing argument 2 of 'GetNextOption(in &, const char
**&, const option *, unsigned int)'
make[1]: *** [fbset.o] Error 1

David compiled fbset itself - how?
What I am after is a little program that makes a modes file out of XF86Config and is used by fbset to change resolutions. fbconvert?

The line in util.h reads:
extern int GetNextOptino(int &argc, const char ***&argv,
const struct option options[],

It made the library files (.o).

I have bison and flex from SW71 - should I upgrade to SW81???

fbset uses g++.

I found a 'modes' file in here which might be all I need to make fbset work in up to 1152x864@89 (apart from a computer that does not crash in framebuffer mode). Makefile puts in into /etc/fb/modes.

fbconvert can be used later to add higher resolutions if I can't figure out how to add lines manually based on what is there and XF86Config.
It is not an obvious pattern but they both support the same resolutions at the same hsync and vertrefresh.