baslinux - Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera

  • From: David Moberg <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:51:15 -0800

On 11/18/05, sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> David, in case other people have screwy storage devices, would you want to
> compile a kernel to accept usb-storage as a module, and then only have to
> recompile the module once in a while instead of the whole kernel (assuming
> you are willing to provide this service to us dummies)?

http://us.share.geocities.com/davidjmoberg/usb2.gz (kernel) and
initrd.gz (initrd)

Make sure to use the initrd (with the initrd= option to loadlin) or it
will not boot.
You can still boot from IDE disk with the initrd, but it should also now be
possible to boot BL3 loop with this kernel and initrd.

This is only a temporary fix for your card reader to work. The old kernel is
still available. I will eventually provide a more permanent solution.

David