baslinux - Re: [BL] X problem (as usual)

  • From: David Moberg <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] X problem (as usual)
  • Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 13:54:56 -0400

On 9/3/05, sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> Have you tried dosemu? I had to add bash shell from SW4.0 to make it
> install in BL3.

I never got it to work in BL3. Some segfault-type error message.
Maybe I forgot to set up /proc/cpuinfo.

> David compiled a version that works with BL2 (based on Slackware 7.1)

The main obstacle to running it in BL3 is apparently bash.

> and other list members reported what programs work with it.
> Pictview (DOS viewer) works well, for instance. dosemu -V (VGA).

This works without X or svgalib, right?

> Dosemu is a 'DOS emulator' which lets you run some DOS programs without
> rebooting from linux to DOS.

There are other emulators in the same vein. Some support more DOS programs
but don't work as well from the CLI (non-X).

David