baslinux - Re: [BL] X problem (as usual)

  • From: "mikkel Meinike-Nielsen" <mimeini AT linuxmail.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] X problem (as usual)
  • Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 22:55:50 +0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 13:47:50 +0000 (UTC)

> > Hallow agan
> >
> >> I checked and I also posted info about a 486 25MHz Contura Compaq which I
> >> had set up with linux, and it was monochrome not color, and it DID work
> >> with svgalib (in greyscale for zgv). 12MB RAM. This might be what we
> >> are
> >> talking about here. So the video chips might be entirely different. I
> >> used zgv because xvesa would not work, I think. I gave someone else the
> >> computer so I cannot check now. It was sort of slow in graphical mode
> >> but
>
> I just wrote asking him to check for zgv (and also seejpeg, which I know
> comes with Slackware) and what the dependencies were. I think I made a
> little package of all of these once and I will look for it.

great I hope it will show up somewhere.

> The links 0.90 which comes with BL3 can be set up to work with an image
> viewer such as seejpeg or zgv, in setup. It only shows you one image at a
> time, not 'inline' (it is on a separate page) but should be faster than
> graphical links2.

Ok I did not new that links could work with zgv or seejpeg but why not
seejpeg if that is in the slackware archiv is zgv better?

I don't wont to install links2 it sounds to complicaded.

One thing about sound in. Mulinux there was a tool to play sound, for
instance wav fil to pc-speeker is that the same thing you can do with the
beep.tgz addon?

Thanks
Mikkel