baslinux - [BL] playmidi and aumix

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] playmidi and aumix
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 18:25:30 +0000 (UTC)

As usual I am having trouble understanding the instructions. I downloaded Christof's most recent bl3-sb package including aumix. I type aumix and the volume appears to be near maximum. How do I turn it up for some particular program?

I compiled playmidi for BL3 without X GTK or svgalib, with awe32 as default. I did sb-on (it now plays wav and mp3) and then also insmod awe_wav.o and made /dev/sequencer and /dev/midi and I get no error messages, it appears to be playing but there is no sound.

My kernel supports all these modules. I tried my own sound kernel and then the bare.i kernel.

How do I use aumix to try to increase volume of playmidi, or do I have some other problem? I need to try aumix on two silent sound cards too.

The version I downloaded for BL2 can't find a playback device even if I type -f to use fm synthesis. I could not compile the source code with glibc2 so I compiled in BL3 and am trying to use it there.