baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 17:02:27 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> How is pnp designed to work?

Therein lies the rub. pnp was intended to just work, but
we all know how short it came of that intention.

> I hear it does not work so well in linux.

If you use a new 2.4.x kernel and answer Y to ISA/pnp
everything works great. isapnptools have not been kind
to me.

> You can also run DOS isapnp before loadlin if you want to
> have kernel instead of module support for cards.

Sort of like running univesa before loadlin to get a good
Xvesa screen?

David

once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com