baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 16:20:26 +0000 (UTC)

I tested the first mplayer (for PII or later) and the third version (for any pentium) on a chiropractic video clip from www.chironhealth.com said to be 1 min long. It had no sound and it was .rm (realmedia) format. (It took me five minutes to find a non-porno clip and I had to search on video clip instead of free download mpg!). Both players played it in 24 seconds from start to finish. It was less boring at this speed.

This was a very small, low-quality clip, 398K. Is it a conclusive enough test that we can all drop the first two versions now?

I ran across various Windows programs that convert between formats. Is there a native linux video format?