baslinux - [BL] another BL kernel with more sound support

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] another BL kernel with more sound support
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 05:10:17 +0000 (UTC)

keesan.freeshell.org/bl/zimage.snd
Similar to zimage.sb but with support for more sound cards, not just sb16 (sb.o) but also es1370 es1371 cs4232 mad16 uart401 trident mss s_galaxy ym3812 and opl-something-or-other. Please let me know if I missed anything that you want. see also config.snd and config.sb.

Also has scsi support for aic7xxx (a common card). Otherwise mostly similar to BL2 kernel but no firewall support. ppp/slhc is built-in.

465K, half the size of bare.i kernel. Pentium.

blfiles.htm
lists all my postings, including ghoscript 8.50 and lynx 2.8.5.

The problem I was having dialing with this kernel was related to my changing modems. USR needs AT&F1.

To compare files in bash cmp file1 file2 will list the first line and character where they differ. comm lists both files somehow.