baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 03:13:41 +0000 (UTC)

Me neither. When we first started to watch library videotapes, we
hooked up a green TTL monitor to the VCR and watched in black and
green. Since then we have collected RGB (old Commodore) monitors
that we can plug into the VCR instead. We watched the olympics
once using the VCR tuner.

These monitors had an RCA input? Last I checked, VCRs don't give
VGA output. :|

Yes, Commodore monitors have RCA jacks. This lets you put the signal in directly rather than over the antenna screws of a TV, which pick up the broadcast signal, and is supposed to give a slightly better picture. I forget how we did it with the green or amber monitors.

I was just given three AGP video cards with heat sinks and/or fans, and 32-128MB memory, which I will test for playing DVDs.