baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 14:39:39 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> On Wed, 25 May 2005, David Moberg wrote:
> What would I want to do at the same time as playing a DVD?
> Anything I did even in the background would just slow down the DVD
> playback. And I could not find any way to make the movie-image
> larger or smaller, just move it around.

"-fs -zoom" should play it (slowly) full-screen in X. Drop -fs, and
you should be able to resize the window to change the size.

> Me neither. When we first started to watch library videotapes, we
> hooked up a green TTL monitor to the VCR and watched in black and
> green. Since then we have collected RGB (old Commodore) monitors
> that we can plug into the VCR instead. We watched the olympics
> once using the VCR tuner.

These monitors had an RCA input? Last I checked, VCRs don't give
VGA output. :|

> What I was trying to say is that maybe the movie was actually
> filmed in the 1:33:1 ratio and -noaspect changes that to something
> that fills the monitor screen better.

I believe that MPlayer thinks that it looks better without -noaspect.
I disagree with it.

> >> Vesa fills the entire width of the screen, x11 leaves about 1/2" at
> >> each side of our 17" monitor in 800x600 Xvesa mode, so I prefer it.
> >
> > These are default sizes.
>
> Don't other sizes use more cpu? I can also adjust the monitor directly.

-noaspect is faster. Other than that, nonstandard sizes are slower.

David

once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com