baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 08:09:40 +1000

Hi David,

On Wed, 25 May 2005 15:24:54 -0500
"David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com> wrote:

> Hi Ron,

I have the codecs already installed in a Slackware9.1 partition, where
they are used by mplayer that I compiled dynamically from a full source
package. All that it took was to place the codecs into /usr/local/lib/codecs
and mplayer knew where to find them.

> I would have a look at the MPlayer documentation and see if
> it answers your questions about external codecs. The website
> for MPlayer is at <http://mplayerhq.hu/>.

From memory, there is nothing in the man that indicates either way.

My question was more about whether your static compilation had altered
that function. I have mirrored the codecs into BL2, but I cannot tell if
those codecs are being accessed or not.

Regards,
Ron

--