baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: KDE on BL2

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: KDE on BL2
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 01:21:48 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 13 May 2005, Ron Clarke wrote:

Hi Folks,

Steven,

A couple of days ago, you asked if anyone else was using KDE with BL2.

I have IceWM, KDE, Gnome and Enlightenment all available on different user
accounts in BL2.
It took a lot of downloading, but it finally all worked.

Is there any advantage you know of to using KDE?
I know that some programs need gtk files to display, so GNOME might simplify using them. What is Enlightenment?

I have to say that my own default is still IceWM.
I also decided I preferred it even over the mouseless ratpoison - it lets you do MORE without a mouse, such as shift focus.

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Clarke