baslinux - Re: Weather report (was: [BL] MPlayer)

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Weather report (was: [BL] MPlayer)
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 23:09:26 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org

> Ron Clarke wrote:
> >
> > I have posted it on my website, in case it is no longer available
> > anywhere else.
> >
> > Look at: http://www.ausreg.com/files/mplayer.bz2
>
> Many thanks, I've just downloaded it. It works fine
> for me.

I assume that this is on an i686? Sindi may be interested in the
name of the CPU which was used.

Ron, TYVM for the hosting.

> I must say, though, that I got quite a shock
> when a streaming "radio" station gave me video as well
> (which mplayer automatically displayed).

Add the "-vo null" or "-novideo" option if you don't want video.

I thought that you had a modem connection... how good was the
video quality?

I probably should build a version without video output drivers.
Since it's statically built, and is linked with numerous video
output libraries, this would greatly reduce filesize for those
who have no interest in video.

David

once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com