baslinux - [BL] Compiling for BL3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Compiling for BL3
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 15:37:33 +0000 (UTC)

This time it compiled for a page, with some warnings about explicit braces and defaults but then exited with what I suspect is a big problem:

/usr/lib/libgpm.so.1: undefined reference to 'atexit@@GLIBC_2.0'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [playmidi] Error 1

I don't know why you need libgpm to play midi files, but I think the source code is not going to compile with glibc2 unless it is modified to do so. David, do you want to try compiling this one for BL3 (and it could be used in BL2 with libc5, just like the netpbm programs)? I should put a compiler in BL3 but then I would need to point it at libc5, since I also have libc6 in BL3.

I now have a collection of object files in .o: emumidi.o io_ncurses.o patchload.o playevents.o playmidi.o readmidi.o but some of the .c files did not compile: beat.c io_gtk.c (I don't use gtk), io_svgalib.c, io_xaw.c, seq2mid.c, toy.c.

I will look around for playmidi binaries.

Thanks. But it might be easy to just compile for libc5. I was compiling in BL1. Please remind me how to point the compiler at libc5 so it won't use libc6 since I have both in BL3 in order to use the lynx that I compiled
online (and xpdf and opera eventually).

I could temporarily rename libc.so.6 and libm.so.6. There are also ld-linux.so.1 and .so.2 - what do I do with these?

I need binutils.tgz egcs gmake libc and linuxinc to compile (in much less space than for BL2, 20 instead of 100MB?).