baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 16:09:05 +0000 (UTC)

The other problem is that sometimes there are two URLS, the first of which is a short intro sometimes asking for donations, the second the actual broadcast, so it would need to clip out the second URL.

I'll attempt at fixing this.

It is worse than this.

I don't know how to tackle the WMP sites at all.
Lynx recognize the link as video/x-ms-asf, and produces no URL at all, just a station description (or sometimes a blank page).

MP3 (.mp3, but URLs that you actually play can end in anything)

audio/x-mpegurl (.m3u)
A typical one gave ........... URL

audio/x-scpls (.pls playlist)
...... File1=http:..... ..... File2=http:.... .......
The SECOND file here contains the broadcast, the first just an intro to the station.

Realaudio (.ra .ram .rm .rmm)

audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin
rtsp:/...........?........
It needs to be cut off at the ?

audio/x-pn-realaudio
rtsp:.....?........... --stop -- pnm:.....
What plays is the rtsp:// part (the first, not the second URL)

audio/x-pn-realaudio
http://......?
Cut off at the ?

So the script for mp3 needs to select the second, and the one for realaudio the first, URL. But this is just a small sample so far.

For LYNX I need to set up correspondences such as:

SUFFIX:.wav:audio/xwav
VIEWER:audio/xwav:play $1 (or "$@")

SUFFIX:.rm:audio/x-pn-realaudio
SUFFIX:.ram: (etc.)
VIEWER:audio/x-pn-realaudio:/usr/local/sbin/script-toplay-realaudio $1
VIEWER:audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin:/usr/local/sbin/script...

SUFFIX:.pls:audio/x-scpls
SUFFIX:.m3u:audio/x-mpegurl
VIEWER:audio/x-scpls:script-toplay-mp3 $1
VIEWER:audio/x-mpegurl:script...

SUFFIX: .. (for ogg).

WMP is beyond me - where does the player get the URL? Maybe it is hidden as javascript somewhere and links might handle it.