baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 03:40:18 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 9 May 2005, sindi keesan wrote:

I've figured out that MPlayer only needs the fg junk if it is sent
to the background. Sox doesn't have this problem. So, here is the
updated script:

#!/bin/sh
mkfifo /tmp/audiodump.wav
play /tmp/audiodump.wav &
exec real_mplayer -ao pcm -aofile /tmp/audiodump.wav "$@"

# End of script

I named the script 'mplay'. Apart from telling me that /tmp/audiodump.wav already exists (I should take this line out, I think) it works perfectly with no error messages other than the usual ones about missing files.

I also removed the mkfifo line from the script and put in a note (in the script and in my list of files) to make that file once.

See keesan.freeshell.org/bl/blfiles.htm for a list of things I have compiled and scripts that I have written up (with help) for basiclinux, which are accessible from a link at the bottom of my home page (keesan.freeshell.org). This includes mplay and the rad script for using mpg123 with wget, and a small BL kernel that supports SB16 (but omits some ethernet cards and firewall support).

I have now been listening to one streaming MP3 station for 40 minutes. I could not find an explanation in the 188 pages of man file about what the 'status line' starting in A: actually reports, but 3% 16% seems to be typical of this station and there have been no skips at all (which is much better than I ever got with Realplayer 8).