baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 12:53:32 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> I then found your BL3 plain text (with bold) version, which is
> /usr/man/mplayer.gz (not a terribly conventional-looking location -
> the other things in there are directories)

As Steven said, this is for BL3, where the manpages are of this
format.

> and can read that just
> fine. How does one convert a man page to this format? The
> man-format one is 52K vs 63K for the text version.

I use (with full-size man):

man mplayer >mplayer.txt
gzip mplayer.txt
mv mplayer.txt.gz mplayer.gz

Steven may be able to provide you with a better method.

> It will be great to be able to skip past the warning messages in a
> DVD movie, and to see the second feature, but can I actually use
> the above script to play DVD sound which is synchronized with the
> DVD video?

I notice that when -ao pcm is used on a regular video, the video
goes at hyper speed. I'm not sure if the fifo helps smooth things
out.

> If not, no big deal. We must have ONE computer out of the three
> newest ones that will work with your i686 mplayer. Let me know if
> I need an actual Intel cpu.

You merely need something compatible, such as AMD or Cyrix chips.

> Why is mplayer telling me 'No bind found for key F3

Did you press F3? The message basically means, "You pressed F3,
and I don't know what to do when that is pressed."