baslinux - Re: [BL] Playing CD's

  • From: Stephen Clement <s.clement AT sympatico.ca>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Playing CD's
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 00:35:59 -0400

Ken Martwick wrote:

I have recently become aware that newer PC's do not have an audio cable from
the CD drive
to the audio board if they were to be used with Microsnot Win. Is there a
common way to
play CD's under Linux without a cable?
Ken Martwick

Well, I have the same issue as you. I myself use XMMS on a regular basis. If you check the properties of the CD plugin for XMMS you can set it so that it uses digital output. You'll want around a 1Ghz processor though. This entire solution however isn't very well suited to computers that BasicLinux attempts to aim for. I'd recommend you try Sindi's approach if at all possible.

Thanks,

Stephen Clement