baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 18:44:31 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 9 May 2005, David Moberg wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

I then found your BL3 plain text (with bold) version, which is
/usr/man/mplayer.gz (not a terribly conventional-looking location -
the other things in there are directories)

As Steven said, this is for BL3, where the manpages are of this
format.

and can read that just
fine. How does one convert a man page to this format? The
man-format one is 52K vs 63K for the text version.

I use (with full-size man):

man mplayer >mplayer.txt
gzip mplayer.txt
mv mplayer.txt.gz mplayer.gz

But it is about 8MB to install man and dependencies, which is why I was avoiding installing it and wanted text instead. man2html was doing an okay job until mplayer.1 with <- etc.

Steven may be able to provide you with a better method.

It will be great to be able to skip past the warning messages in a
DVD movie, and to see the second feature, but can I actually use
the above script to play DVD sound which is synchronized with the
DVD video?

I notice that when -ao pcm is used on a regular video, the video
goes at hyper speed. I'm not sure if the fifo helps smooth things
out.

I don't think this answered my question about playing DVDs and getting sound on the Super Socket 7 AMD K6 350MHz which may or may not be i686.

If not, no big deal. We must have ONE computer out of the three
newest ones that will work with your i686 mplayer. Let me know if
I need an actual Intel cpu.

You merely need something compatible, such as AMD or Cyrix chips.

Why won't the AMD K6 350MHz in super socket 7 work then? I thought the
socket 7 might mean it is a PI not PII.

I will try it again in case I goofed.

Why is mplayer telling me 'No bind found for key F3

Did you press F3? The message basically means, "You pressed F3,
and I don't know what to do when that is pressed."
I probably did, trying to switch vts.