baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 04:06:06 +0000 (UTC)

Still hunting for OGGs. Most WM links are x-ms-asf (in lynx) which produce a file containing no URLs at all. I wonder how other players deal with them.

I also found
http://www.internetradioindex.com/i-probe/ip_radio.html
with links to the actual streaming music files (Realaudio and Windows Media Player only). These are mostly Top 40 or news/sports/talk from places including Guam and Haiti.

These would let me experiment with using direct links in lynx or links, without Stephen's script for extracting URLs, and with that working then add that script. I think. Getting over my head again.

I will attempt to use the latest two scripts (for extracting URLs and for plugging them into the script to play via sox) at an MP3 or Realaudio site tomorrow. It is certainly more educational and fun to combine three scripts like this to listen to streaming audio with lynx than to use Realaudio, it takes up much less space and loading time, and it eventually might even be easier.