baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 22:09:22 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

I tried out this script. It seems to work. Note that it is only two
lines long, so if your mail program added newlines, you will need to
remove them before use. Quite a nifty bit of scripting by Stephen.
I'm certainly not capable of writing anything that complex.

Here's another script to wrap the above one into something workable
with links/lynx:

#!/bin/sh
mplayer `stephens_script $1`

Replace mplayer with the name of the script which pipes output to
play through a fifo. Replace stephens_script with the path to the
first script, of course. If you tell links to use this script, it
should work. You can try it manually:

my_script http://www.domain.com/3.plu

You should get sound output if everything is working right. Note
that this only works if there is nothing else on the line with
the URL (in the plu file). You can add your own protocols, like
FTP, by replacing the existing ones.

David

once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com